Purchased in 2019 in the backstreets of Beaconsfield for $1,000 (for 2 GPz550s – one almost complete and another missing front bikini fairing and some parts off a later 550 model. The later supposedly had the better motor.
Was last registered in 2002 (I think – as told to me when I went to register the bike at VicRoads).
- New tires
- New chain and sprocket set
- Fitted genuine security lock (the one that slides into the frame)
- New fork seals, dust covers and fork oil
- New master cylinder kits (front and rear). Cleaned out and refilled brake lines
- Scrappy job on repairing rust on fuel tank.
Work to do
- Very slight drip from bottom of speedo cable
- Remove tube from front tire and install tubeless valve
- Respray tank and bikini fairing
- Bringing the 2 GPz550s home
- Walhalla Sep 20 – Home, Moe, Walhalla, Traralgon, Home