Purchased in 2019 in the backstreets of Beaconsfield for $1,000 (for 2 GPz550s – one almost complete and another missing front bikini fairing and some parts off a later 550 model. The later supposedly had the better motor.
Was last registered in 2002 (I think – as told to me when I went to register the bike at VicRoads).
- Swapped the head with the other GPz – as the original head had a burnt valve
- New tires
- New chain and sprocket set
- Fitted genuine security lock (the one that slides into the frame)
- New fork seals, dust covers and fork oil
- New master cylinder kits (front and rear). Cleaned out and refilled brake lines
- Scrappy job on repairing rust on fuel tank.
- Removed tubes from front and rear tires and install tubeless valve (after a deflation on my rear tire in Churchill.
- Very slight drip from bottom of speedo cable was due to a leaky front left calliper cup seal. Replaced this.
- Now on club plates
Work to do
- Respray tank and bikini fairing
- Valve adjustment
- Bringing the 2 GPz550s home
- Walhalla 20 Sep 20 – Home, Moe, Walhalla, Traralgon, Home