An 88″ SWB with loads of character. My goal is to have registered by the end of this year (2021).
Work up to 25 Jan 21
- Rear right brakes and suspension finished
- Axle straps installed both left and right rear
- Installed the rear drive shaft
- Got the clevis pin in for the handbrake – handbrake when engaged will stop the drum rotating by hand but not the car when rolling. Needs adjustment.
- Tightened all of the rear suspension bolts
- Looking for and fixing vacuum leaks – new rubber hose piece and air manifold hose to rocker cover (later is a temp fix with fingers from a rubber glove).
- My goal this week is to get it running and move it so I can give it a really good clean.
Work up to 19 Jan 21
- Right rear spring in wheel bearing races pressed in.
- Picked up left and right seats and rails, badges and other bits and pieces from Tom in Wandong.
- Got the rear drive shaft out and put in new uni joints. Broke the grease nipple off one trying to press it in. All ready to install now.
- Fuel tank cleaned out, resoldered to frame, and reinstalled.
Work 28 Dec 20
- Completed reconditioning of the rear left suspension, wheel bearings and brakes.
- Clunking old front bumper removed
- Old seats out.
- Got the motor going (fixed wiring, reconditioned carb and cleaned thick varnish from the fuel pump, new spark leads and plugs, fresh oil and oil filter)- although only runs on full throttle at the moment.
- Got the clutch working (new slave cylinder, bashed on the peddle a little to free it up, new DOT4 fluid and bled the clutch at the slave cylinder)