It’s a wet and cold Saturday here in Budgeree, so I don’t expect to get a lot done. The weather was better Sunday – no rain and a bit of sun, but still cold.
On my list:
Fault finding why the baby Katana won’t start.
- Signal coil with static reading of 334 ohms – within 269 to 404 ohm tolerance
- Fixed a break in the ground wire to the CDI
- Pulled out a spark plug lead and popped in a spark plug I had lying around. Cranked the motor and could see a healthy spark! I had pulled the CDI board out earlier in the week and resoldered most of the joints.
- Found all plugs to be fouled. Wire brushed them and it started for a moment, but won’t hold idle.
- Ran a bit more and started sounding better and then died all of a sudden. No spark now.
Browsing Marketplace for any bargains.
- Found a bargain bin of assorted CD90 parts for $600. Picked up these bits on Sunday. I think with what I have and these parts, I should be able to make 2 complete bikes.
Fault finding why the ZZR250 won’t start.
- Put a charger on the battery and after a few cranks it started. Idle is a little erratic – surging slightly every few seconds.