Here’s the current list of bikes the we are working on:
- GPz550 H2 1982. Complete with 4 in 1 exhaust and pipeline muffler. Running and registered. This is my rider.
- GPz550 H2 1982 custom. Ryan’s bike that he is in the process of doing up. Motor going, will die on low idle. Starter spins and doesn’t engage – we suspect the starter clutch. Nearly ready to register.
- GSX250SSM (the baby Katana). Grey import. Really keen to get this registered. Reassembled and was going for a bit. Then got a coolant leak. Fixed this, and now the bike is not starting at all.
- KL250 ’77 A1. This is the first bucket of bolts I bought so it is a little special.
- KL250 x 4 all around 82. The white one is going. Also one black, two blue. These are generally complete and are rolling frames with motors. Haven’t tried to start any of these yet.
- XJ600 Seca II. A complete bike with a collapsed output bearing. Have had it running.
- Katana 650G. Came as a rolling frame and dismantled motor. I think the bike is complete. One piston has a hole in the crown (looks like from too lean a mixture).
- Katana 650M. A complete bike that wasn’t running. Further investigation revealed a burnt valve.
- SR250. This bike is a rolling frame and an engine in pieces.
- Honda C201, about ’67. Boxes of bits and bolts. Everything is disassembled. The previous owner said that the engine ran before the bike was dismantled.
- SRX250. Ryan’s rider. Recently fitted new visor and throttle cables. Still needs a speedo cable. Registered on club plates.
- ZZR250 ’01. Almost complete bike with fairings (in fair condition) and not running when purchased from pervious owner.
And then there are the ones we have done up and sold:
- SR250. Sold ready to be registered.
- GS250FW. Sold with roadworthy certificate.
I purposefully didn’t number this list because I think the final number might be a bit scary.
Read more about Mechanical Therapy