Here’s the current list of bikes the we are working on:
- GPz550 H2 1982. Complete with 4 in 1 exhaust and pipeline muffler. Running and registered. This is my rider.
- GPz550 H2 1982 custom. Ryan’s bike that he is in the process of doing up. Motor going, will die on low idle. Starter spins and doesn’t engage – we suspect the starter clutch. Nearly ready to register.
- GSX250SSM (the baby Katana). Grey import. Really keen to get this registered. Reassembled and was going for a bit. Then got a coolant leak.
- KL250 A1 ’77. This is the first bucket of bolts I bought so it is a little special.
- KL250 A3 x 4 all around ’80. The white one is going. Also one black, two blue. These are generally complete and are rolling frames with motors.
- XJ600 Seca II. A complete bike with a collapsed output bearing. Have had it running.
- Katana 650G. Came as a rolling frame and dismantled motor. I think the bike is complete. One piston has a hole in the crown (looks like from too lean a mixture).
- Katana 650M. A complete bike that wasn’t running. Further investigation revealed a burnt valve.
- SR250. This bike is a rolling frame and an engine in pieces.
- Honda C201, about ’67. Boxes of bits and bolts. Everything is disassembled. The previous owner said that the engine ran before the bike was dismantled.
- SRX250. Ryan’s rider. Recently fitted new visor and throttle cables. Still needs a speedo cable. Registered on club plates.
- FZR250R ’91. Almost complete with resprayed plastics. Currently on the hunt for parts.
Four wheeled vehicles offer their own mechanical therapy:
- Land Rover Series IIA 88″. A rolling vehicle with most bits seized and the rear crossmember torn clean off around the tow hitch.
And then there are the ones we have done up and sold:
- SR250. Sold ready to be registered.
- GS250FW. Sold with roadworthy certificate.
- ZZR250 ’01. Sold to a local young guy and ready to be registered.
I purposefully didn’t number this list because I think the final number might be a bit scary.
Read more about Mechanical Therapy